The Sims 4 (Maxis, The Sims Studio, 2014) has a dedicated simulation of commercial photography in “The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack” (2015).
The Photography Skill comes with The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion pack. From a phone to a fancy camera. Sims who are skilled in Photography will have greater success as they hone their skills by taking lots of pictures, upgrading their equipment, experimenting with picture settings and using the In a Flash Photo Studio. Take photos of one Sim or 2 Sims. You can take photos of adult Sim but you also have the option to take photos of kids. When you are taking the picture you will have the option to choose filter, size or a backdrop but you can’t change poses if you are taking the photo. To change the pose you need to take a new picture.
You can buy 3 different digital camera’s: Barely Better Digital Camera, Crystal Clear Digital Camera and the Appreciably Average Digital Camera. The higher the price the better the digital camera.
Do a number of things with Photos taken, such as hanging them on walls, selling them in retail stores, or converting Photos to Memories. You also have the option to give the photo a name.
Photography Skill Levels
The Photography skill only has 5 levels and doesn’t really unlock anything. The only thing it does is that you can take better quality photo’s you can sell for a higher price.
- Photography skill will allow to capture the world around. The road to creating photographic masterpieces takes some time but the higher the skill level the better photos.
- Don’t forget those selfies!
- The quality of the camera matters! Cheaper cameras are great to learn with but spending a few more Simoleons buys a camera that can zoom and take larger pictures.
- You can earn extra Simoleons by taking pictures of other Sims using the In a Flash Photo Studio.
- Open a photo gallery to share (and sell) photography art with other Sims!